So the trials and tribulations of find local AN fittings that will fit without too much case modding proved not to be. Even with some other people’s photos of their layouts, all of the similar 90° fittings I could find had “nuts” that were just too thick, taking a massive chunk out of the pulley tin.
I tried multiple configurations and let me tell you, JEGS has a massive number of fittings and sizes. I finally asked for some input from Aaron, one of the guys who works there, and we took the case half back and I explained to him everything I was trying to do, the hows and whys of the space and the necessary tins, etc. (I don’t think he’d ever seen a VW Type 1 engine before today.)
Ultimately, we turned back to something I had originally thought about but with his input, as well as some others, I decided to go with it due to the general lower oil pressure of these engines, and the requirement I have for true filtration trumping the needs for perfect fittings that can’t be seen anyway! (We’ll save that for the 2776.)
When it comes time to install the tins I’ll smooth out what I cut and paint it all to match that gunmetal look I’m going with.
I’ll need to be careful with the hose going on here since it isn’t multiple barbed, but I figure 2 solid clamps will work.