So I started putting the rejetted ICT 34 clones back on and I realized how ill fitting the fan shroud was.
This aftermarket shroud was a nightmare to get on and I had to cut parts of it to get it to fit over the case and down onto the OEM cylinder tins.
I had tried to seal some of it with the metallic tape but it never really did seal well.
So I decided to pull the 72’s fan shroud out of the pin, clean it up, and just quickly paint it black.
Of course, I walked away for a second and it fell down onto the grass.
Now normally I’d be freaking, but I just want this engine running and in the car now I just cleaned it all off and coated it again. I don’t really care what it looks like. Just that it runs.
Another problem I had was the coil never really mounted right. I messed up the screws on this as I had no experience with these aftermarket shrouds before so that is all my own fault. The original one of course has proper holes with internal nuts welded in.
Fitment is already better over the case (as it should be).
I’m going to quickly repaint the tops of the tins again, as some fuel leaks during initial testing/break-in damaged some of the paint.