So while I was waiting for various tins to dry , I decided to do a mock-up of the new injectors in the the restored manifolds so see what kind of hose adjustments do I need to make.
Now I originally had everything assembled and then tried to place the injectors into the manifold as whole units. That doesn’t seem to be ideal, so I pulled them all out and then removed the small o-ring seals. Placing the small seals into the manifolds first, and then pressing them in hard without the injector seems to seat them better.
I was then able to push the injectors full down into the manifold.
Now one thing I need to determine is the size the he hose on the injector needs to be. From the feature image (at top) you can see the bracket cannot remotely reach the mounting point on the manifold.
I assume Cruzin Performance did a larger hose allowing for some room to cut. I have the original fuel lines removed form the injectors but I assume they’ve shrunk over 41 years and I’ll need to just use them as a rough estimate for what to cut.