So I made an offer on some used FI engine parts on The Samba and it was accepted.
It was more than reasonable given some are electronic component parts of questionable functionality.
There was another person on FB Marketplace that would not accept a similar offer, and he didn’t even know what the exact parts were.
Always amazes me.
So. I have the following coming as back-up components for Murbella:
- Auxiliary Air Valve
- 4 fuel injectors
- 2 FI intake manifolds
- Decel Valve
- Thermo time Switch
I also have coming from Bugcity.com:
- Throttle body with Throttle Positiion Sensor (sensor may or may not work)
- Throttle Body Sensor (tested and functional)
In my inventory I already have:
- FI Fan Shroud
- Used plenum
- Thermo time Switch (questionable functionality)
- Cylinder Head Temp sensor
- ECU (questionable functionality)
Still to track down:
- Complete functional FI wiring harness
- Air Flow Meter
- Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Misc. bits and mounts for FI stuff
I’m thinking of sending the injectors off to just be restored. For $100 it will be worth it to confirm their functionality and have them on hand.
Of course, seller said they were removed from a functional car that was in an accident. But I always take “ran when parked” type things with a grain of salt.