I had plans to drop the transaxle today and start loosening up the bolts.
I got her shift coupler detached. I had upgraded to urethane bushings for this back in 2017 when I replaced her shifter bushing It is all still very tight. (I remember how sloppy she was before this maintenance!)
Now the drawing in the Bentley manual didn’t look like her mount, so I assume it is an earlier IRS picture.
I realized I needed to research more since I have not done this on any year of VW.
However, I did what I could, disconnecting the starter wires an draining the gear oil.
I hated to waste this, as this gear oil has at most 200 miles on it.
Look how clean it is.
Now I could not remove the clutch cable nut, so basically it is remove that, finish removing the bolts for the mounts, and then dropped it down on the stand.