It was truly a full day of multi-tasking in the garage.
With all of the major stuff I got done, I also did quite a bit of small stuff.
I needed to deal with the residual oil in the push rod tubs into one of my new shallow metal soaking pans they went followed by the inner ring of the alternator tin.
I eventually decided to put the EGR tubs in, since I could tilt the pan and fill them with solvent to help dissolve the exhaust build up inside.
The steel wool cleaned up the push rod tubes and the tin piece.
I ran a brush through the EGR tubs and got a lot of funk out.
The tubes will need to be washed in soap and water and completed dried out before they get sanded a bit prior to painting.
The bases of the intake manifolds and the injector ports really needed cleaning. I’ve soaked them to get the grease and various other grime off and I’ll work on scrubbing them up.
I’m hoping to find a high-temp satin “aluminum” paint to coat these in.