With the case dried, it is very easy to work worth.
I focused on mating surfaces, using mineral spirits and a basic dish washing scotch pad.
The yellowish color that looked like stains here in there were the remnants of the previous sealant.
I was able to scrub up most of this, and then went use the pad and solvent to clean other flat areas, especially the bores as I am positive they were also contributing to some oil leakage.
I worked at the exterior for some time, swapping between a brash brush, a plastic bristle brush, a razor blade, and a small pick to get as much of the debris still remaining in the crevices, holes, and anywhere I missed during power washing.
Another area I focused on was the removal of several remnants of sealants that had been used on some of the case nuts. Some of this had backed on over the decades.
I then used some Purple Power to clean off the solvent and let both case halves sit in the sun to ensure all water evaporated.
Between the compressed air and the sunlight any water didn’t have a chance.
It was then back into the garage to test for case cracks.
Using the torch, I went over the areas of usual suspect, looking for oil to warm up and seep out of any hairline cracks. I went all over the case inside and out just to be certain and I saw no evidence of any cracks.