The passenger side trailing arm ultimately proved to be problematic at the pivot joint just like the driver side.
I separated the trailing arm form the spring plate and I can say that it had for greater range of motion than the driver side did.
With some effort, I was able to move it up and down and twist it around on the pivot bushings. That I could not do on the driver side. It barely moved vertically at all.
The pivot joint here is in far better shape than the driver side.
The rubber is in much better shape.
That said, once again I was fighting the bolt and undercoating that was sprayed up into it.
I tried the impact wrench for a bit but that did not make a difference.
Then I torched the bolt and finally torched the inside of the joint focusing on the washers and trying to avoid the rubber. I then squirted some PB inside and walked away for a bit.
It made a huge difference (above) and I was able to finally break the bolt and wrench it off.
The rubber bushings on this arm are in great condition. In fact, I have yet to be able to get them to move or budge to get them out.
The driver side ones practically fell out.
This side had the same washer with the cut out on it. And both were stuck together with undercoating. No doubt the heat helped to loosen these up and release the bolt.
This undercoating is proving to be such a pain in the ass.
I have to assume that whoever put it on did not have a real plan given how it is sprayed on here and there, on some parts, not on others, and then the amount of coverage varies when it is applied.
The washers (above) had more on them than the driver side but at least I was prepared now given what I learned tearing down that side.
This arm has less undercoating on it than the drive side.
Ultimately, this proved to be far easier than the other side but I was prepared and knew what to do.
This get the same cleaning prep, though I am thinking of trying the other parts cleaner on it.
A large bucket fits the arm nicely.
I think I may try to pour the cleaner into this since it will submerge far better than the shallower bins I’ve been using.
Hopefully, the plastic will hold up to the solvent. It is always a risk.