So I spent about 20 minutes decreasing the axle drive shafts and set myself on the task of removing as much surface rust as I could, as well as all remains of the prior coating.
They cleaned up very well.
I used my tried and true Dremel to get as much surface rust off as I could and then, several grits of sand paper and then polished with emory paper.
I decided to go with an easily purchasable epoxy paint that is rust and salt resistant.
I tried to tape off so that I get that same general area covered by the new paint. I’m hoping that the grease itself won’t degrade the paint under the boot.
So I’ve gone with the VHT Epoxy Paint as the underlying coat and will do multiple coats with curing between then.
On top of that I’ll top coat it with a petroleum resistant coat and hopefully these cans stand up to driving I do in Murbella during the nicer months.
1 thought on “Murbella – Day 3 – Axle Drive Shaft Restoration Begins”