Reinstalling the EMPI EPC 36 ICT clone carbs proved to be a bit more complicated than I thought since I had packed away most of the parts, as well as the linkage and such.
I took the HMPX 40s off as off with their manifolds as entire assemblies. Of course, they were filled with gasoline so I figured just hanging them would be best best for now. I need to figure out how to cleanly drain them.
I had forgotten that when I went to the 40s that I had to change out all the fuel lines to larger ones. And of course, I could not find the smaller hoses I had used for the previous run with the EPC 36s and had to run to Autozone.
The whole fuel regulator assembly was designed around the larger hoses so it isn’t as easy as a 1/1 swap as I’d have to redo the entire outputs on the regulator as well as the fuel pressure gauge. I’m just going to leave these out of the mix for now.
And of course, I had to relocate the coil when I used the HPMX 40’s hex linkage so I had to pull the coil off to relocate it higher, as the CSP twist linkage had to be reinstalled.
The twist linkage was easy to find so I put this back on, moving the coil to allow for the connections. I cannot for the life of me find what bin the original hex linkage that shipped with the EPCs is in. I found the bar, but that’s it. I really thought I had it, and the heat riser block offs, but I can’t find them either.
I ended up spilling some gasoline that has to all be cleaned up now.
Since I had to buy new few line, I ended up getting new vacuum lines and am going to put the Pertronix Flamethrower I SVDA back on and run the vacuum to both carbs, hoping that enough is generated for the advance. I’ve head both