Well I can say that the sound quality out of the “economy extractor” muffler I put on yesterday is just loud and disgusting and is what I basically yell at my son for when he breaks his mufflers and cat deletes them to get annoying douchey sounds. This is pretty bad.
Note: I’m having a problem with my Moto G7 phone with video recording. Eventually all audio starts to sound tinny and garbled like one is underwater. That’s the phone… not the engine.
So it took about 5 minutes of constant starting to finally get this to start. And man did it start fairly shitty.
I had reset all of the carbs and throttle controls to the recommended IDF/HPMX defaults and had to increase the throttle screws just to get this to keep running.
The default idle mixture screws just caused all kinds of popping and backfiring right from the start. Much worse than the other exhaust ever did.
It stalled a few times as well
During round 2 of running I was finally able to get the idle less than 1000rpms. This has been a major challenge for the past combination, so from a certain point of view this is an improvement.
So by run 3 it was as smooth as I could make it.
I cannot find my heat riser cut offs so I am not sure if that exhaust just escaping from the holes is contributing to more problems or not.
I found the one ICT linkage that I originally planned to use. I think this evening, or tomorrow, I will tear these carbs off, put the EPCs on, set that other linkage, and try and get those fully working. I’ll leave this awful exhaust on for the moment. It is such a horrid sound.