Started working on the parts clean-up. It is so much nicer to touch and deal with things all cleaned up than to have the grime and oil on everything.
The 10mm cylinder studs appear to have been used previously so may be original to the engine. They’ve been painted and there was quite a lot of thread sealant and oil on them so they soaked in mineral spirits and got scrubbed down with a fine brass brush. They all look fine to reuse again.
I cleaned all the oil off the lifters but I honestly don’t know enough if the wear pattern is cause for concern and I should throw in a new set or not. I have a basic standard set available, but none from SCAT to put back in.
The cam is a SCAT C25 (Lift at Cam Lobe: .350″, Adv Dur: 272, Dur at .050″: 234) which explains the differences I felt from this and the AH engine with the stock cam. Much like the lifters, I need to determine if the wear on the cam lobes is ok or if this really should be replaced. If so, I’ll have to throw one of the stock cams in from on of the other engine tear downs.
I got a lot degreased today. I’ll sand down and repaint the non-threaded shafts of the cylinders and do the same to the under-cylinder air deflectors. The push rods all look good and I cleaned out any oil funk from in them. These items will all be reused.
I don’t know what is wrong with me but I just placed the rocker arms into the mineral spirits without disassembly them. That was odd and stupid of me. I’ve never done that before.