I got the 3-4 head off and other assorted parts. This is the first time that a head came off the cylinders with little to no difficulty but if you look at the interior of the head, there’s obvious rust from where moisture was somehow getting in there.
Cylinder 4 (above) shows signs of water intrusion and rust.
I will admit, I’m not experienced enough yet to tell if this is normal carbon deposits or not. I’m going research what it may take to just clean up and re-use these cylinders and pistons as I had not planned on replacing them.
They do appear to be 87cc so the engine is in fact a 1641. I can’t imagine that slight difference made it as peppy as it was when driving.
Out of all the things poorly done on this engine build, as well as so many missing things, I am shocked beyond belief to find that the internal air deflectors event exist in the heads. I did not expect to find this at all.
The rocker arms also have upgraded adjusters. Someone installed ball foot swivel adjusters onto these rocker arms.
So I removed the fuel pump and discovered the the entire fuel pump base was shattered into multiple pieces.
This had to happen when we were changing out the fuel pump and all I can think of is we tighted it way too much. I’m pretty sure the fuel push rod is the proper size for that fuel pump. I’ve never seen this happen before. I hope I have another one.