While I was letting the case dry, I decided to rearrange how I am storing some types of parts.
I had been sorting things for years by the project, or the specific car they are intended for, but I realized that isn’t really very optimal for the way I’ve been working. It has resulted in me forgetting I had bought something, and then buying it again. And I keep detailed spreadsheets of all purchases and expenses!!! Once it would go into a bin I would often forget about something.
So I’ve shifted to all new engine-related parts going into their own bins, regardless of intended vehicle.
This should help with being able to go right to the “engine” bins and find whatever I need when working on and engine.
I think when I have time I’ll resort some of my other bins along the lines of systems, such as suspension, brakes, body, etc.