So the work today started out fantastic. I mean… I drilled and tapped the case perfectly. I mean a billion times better than the AH case.
I went through it all very slowly, one size bore at a time.
Everything went perfect.
One after the other everything was going well.
The stock oil return that I f’d up so badly on the AH case went totally different here (above). The plug is recessed just enough/
Originally I had not planned on pulling the 1 small plug up front. However, I had forgotten how much material I needed to remove off that “nub” that protrudes out to get the oil return 90° fitting in so I pulled it to shave it down, then tapped the hole after I tested that the depth of the plug would not interfere with the return oil passage from the #4 main bearing area.
I really am happy how all of these turned out.
One difference from the prior case work is that I went with plugs from Summit Racing this time since JEGS would not be getting any more 1/4″ ones until June.
On the surface, other than being blue, they look like the JEGS ones but they aren’t. The allen wrenches really fit well in these and I didn’t strip a single one as I kept putting then in and out to get the depth just flush with the surface. I’ll buy these again. (Anything is better than that shitty plug “kit” the sites sell that doesn’t even have the correctly sized plugs. Those kits are way too soft of metal.)
And for your viewing pleasure… some sex hairy arm 3/8 tapping of the main oil return!